Monday, August 29, 2011

Gibberishing

There are times when we wake up to that recurring nightmare. We hope it to be the last one. But alas! It comes back. Similar are the bad habits. However hard we try, they keep hanging onto us.
One such habit that I have tried to shed, with little success is ‘talking too much’. I have dealt with short temper, emotional outburst, butt-booze successfully over the years. But I have no reasonable explanation for my tongue.
I have faced losses at academics, work and personal life alike due to my gibberish. Mind needs time to think, channelize thoughts and come out with something reasonable. But when one talks a lot, rubbish comes out, as mind has no time for processing.
People stop giving importance to what you have to say, considering the huge volumes. Over time you become like background music. You are an irritant, hindering the foreground processes.
Your relationships too take a hitting. You lock in most time for what you have to say and less time for listening to the other person. One needs a partner one could talk to. No one needs to be with a J L Baird, one way relay.
One speaks so as to express the existence of oneself, but eventually ends up being non-existent. Irony!
If you are also the one who talks a lot, now is the time to rein in. I won’t list ‘n’ points towards improvement as I am still struggling with it. If you have any advice, do let me know. It’s time to give our tongue taste of its own medicine.

No comments: