Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Simply Insane

The last time I went for a long holiday was long-long ago. To be true, I am not a holiday kind of a person in the normal sense. For me holidays do not mean going on vacation, living out of suitcase, hopping from one tourist location to another. For me holidays are all about chillaxing. There have been times when I have taken couple of days off and slept right through. For me it’s all about brain reboot.
After a long time, I seem to have this craving to put myself to sleep mode. The late mornings, the lethargic afternoons, popcorns, refreshing old seasons of fav shows, lots of writing. And the best of all, lying on the bed, just staring up to the ceiling fan. The feeling of nothing. The absolute zero of chaos. Admittedly juvenile, but my secret to rejuvenation.
There is no single way to handle the worries of life. Some takes them head on, some run away from them. I practice a mix of both. Running away for a while eggs me to take them on. Sometimes the cure is not with the medicines but without them.
I have had some crazy hours to my name. 75hrs without sleep, 32hrs of nonstop sleep, 76hrs without eating. All these date back to the college days. I don’t have luxury to insanity no more. But believe me, it’s the insanity that takes to where we aspire, makes us who we want to. I will be travelling this weekend but I have promised myself some not as insane rest soon.

No comments: