Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Weekend Crusades

A phone call woke me up in wee hours of the morning. I had slept late last night and a minor headache crept in. “Sir, will be there in half an hour”. Brilliant! I went back to sleep. Phone rang a second time. A friend called reminding me to get up. What has happened to this world? Why can’t a poor man get a day’s sleep?
Hesitantly, I pulled myself off the bed. After half an hour sharp, I got a call from the driver. Since when have we people become so punctual? Anyways, I took the car, picked up a colleague on the way to an outing with office friends. Cars from other parts of the city too converged at the resort.
To be frank, barring a few, I never tried to get familiar with the group till then. Well, it all changed and how!
Poolside Musical Chairs, Dumb Charades, What’s yours like?, Truth or Dare, Antakshari and few meticulously planned field games were part of our fun entourage. After about 10 hrs of mix and match, we were all on our way back home.
I got to know the importance of such outings. Everyone gelled in together with casual flirtings, intentional fun-fights and jokes galore. I felt at home with the gang. I made friends for life.
Summed up below are few highlights of the trip which I am sure, whoever present, will smile at, for life.
1. Las Vegas Shamed
The marquee of the trip. Outdoing my pole dance, he gave such a scintillating performance of Strip Dance which would even put vegas leggies to shame. The guy was a true sport and great fun. Thanks dude for “What’s yours like?”.
2. What’s yours like?
An extremely novel and intriguing game. Nice connotations attached to it makes it even more exciting. The group selects a “body part” (noise, lips, ears, belly button etc) and the person chosen has to guess it. He can ask 6 people, one single question, “What’s yours like”, who in turn can reply only in “single word or a short phrase” describing their own said body part. The chosen one gets 3 guesses.
When “belly button” was chosen and a girl was asked “WYL”, she curtly replied, “Deep”. We all fell over laughing and the chosen one couldn’t decide on whether to speak his mind or not.
Best hints award went to a colleague who gave either of the two answers all the time, “hard” and “I have two”.
3. Antakshari
Impending Antakshari competition got a good start with this dress rehearsal. The rapid Antakshari was full of fights and arguments, but at the end we all sang together songs from Rafi to Himesh with equal vigor. It is rightly said, “How would have Majnu proposed to Laila, had there not been a lyricist”.
4. Truth or Dare
They clapped at my maiden pole dance. My visual experiences over the years had helped. Thank you Romanian chicks for a good lesson.
5. Dog in the Bone
I gave it my all. Got injured but led my team to victory. My guru has said, “Never try and beat a lady in a game. Its blasphemy”. I disobeyed and had a mighty fall. “Sorry Guruji for me forget teachings of thee”
6. The Salsa dance
Passing the parcel was winner all the way. Salsa dance by the duo was eye popping to say the least. Shucks that I could not learn salsa. Well these are the things which marks the difference between Being Single and otherwise.
7. The Kajal Bhai
The girl could even put God Mother to shame. In a perfect tapori performance, she chedofai, a couple of good looking men as rest of the girls kept devouring eyes on the prey.
8. The mimicry of the boss
The mimicry of the boss was to the T. And accompanying hugs were brilliant.
9. Of Beggars, Proposers and the Seductions
Passing the Parcel threw some excellent performances of begging, proposing (Kya tum mere bachhon ki maa banogi), and seductions (Maar Dala). Never knew we had such budding talent within the group.
10. Win and Near miss
After a long-long time, I got lucky. No, not that lucky. I won Passing the Parcel. “Who’s the boss now…haha”, but lost the straw game narrowly owing to a clever fox of an opponent.
It was one hell of a day which I enjoyed thoroughly. Hope others enjoyed too. Many thanks to all, who worked selflessly to make this trip possible. Looking forward to more such endeavors together.

No comments: