Thursday, February 12, 2015

Aamir, Modi, Bedi: Be Hero Once More

I would like to state at the onset, I have been and might well again be admirer of Aamir, Modi and Bedi at one time or the other.
Its sad to see the charisma shattered and idols exposed. How I cried with Taare Zameen Par and wanted to be Rancho with 3 Idiots. How I grew up answering Bedi’s name proudly in GK exams and telling tales about Indira and Crane. How I danced when Modi won and wiped a sweet tear post Madison Magic.
Hypocrisy thou art a bitch! You removed the cloak off Aamir. The one who dished out Delly Belly, didn’t shy away from giving gyan to others for similar act. I dont justify either of the two. But why show oneself holier than the cow? Why so arrogant? Why so hypocrite?
Modiji you rallied nation together against black money, corruption and preached Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikaas. We all stood behind you. I know people who considered you a father and might still do. Your silence when things were going opposite to what you said earlier, was deafening. Your comrades preached  about due process and proof while justifying inaction on black money. It should have been taken on war footing but you hid behind. Your people used LG in Delhi as a political tool, you said nothing. Your people went to town with communal agenda, you let it happen. Sorry Sir, I am not able to defend you now, though you might still defend your Govt.
Bedi. A study in somersault. Tweets after tweets u-turned. All ideologies put to dust. Why O Why? You said its your choice. But what should we do now? We common people who cheered alongside you during Anna agitation. We who learned your name from school-books. We stand betrayed. Maybe not by you but by our own imagination.
My heroes are tarnished. How I wish they redeem themselves. How I would love to see them doing what they preach. How I would love to say ‘You my Hero’, once more.

No comments: