Monday, January 26, 2015

Aloo Paratha and Achaar

Whenever I travelled long, my Mom used to pack me Aloo Paratha and achaar. This custom has continued ever since. Aloo Paratha has become synonymous with my travel.
I could be seen muching away Paratha at airports, railway stations, in trains, planes, buses. Over last 5 years or so, I have travelled a lot and hence a lot of Aloo Paratha memories.
What is is about Aloo Paratha, I wonder. The taste? The longevity? The travel worthiness? Longevity not  so much as after a day or so during travel the aloo stuffing become stale and bad. Then what?
I think the key here is that no dish is required along with it. Just apply a touch of achaar, roll it up and voilĂ , the food is ready. Also its easy to pack, no curry. A dry food and yet aloo inside make it not so dry. Its cheap too. Just Aloo and flour.
Whatever it may be, Nothing makes my journey complete like a burp which smells of Aloo Paratha.

No comments: