Sunday, January 19, 2014

A Romantic Evening

Someone asked me recently about how I would treat my loved one to a romantic evening. Here’s how it pans out. I’ll start with Don’ts and move towards Do’s.
A five star, candle light, and by the pool dinner is a big No-No for me. A romantic evening with my loved one can’t be at a public place. I won’t be comfortable enough to make the evening romantic. Sitting by the rocks at Band-stand or soaking in the wind at Marine drive are okay, but not exactly there for me.
My Do’s starts from a private setting, my home. I would start by cooking the food of her liking, by myself. Might not be the perfect definition of taste, but with a lots of love. A candle light setting on a low table with couple of bean bags on the floor.
The room should be lit by few candles along the wall. When the bell rings, the living room, dimly lit leaves a lot for her to guess, and not much revealed. Red roses carefully chosen, laid across the room. She will take some time to recognize their presence and that’s the essence of it.
Nice romantic melodies chosen for the occasion should be playing at a low tone on the laptop in some corner. Loud enough to hear the humming and low enough not to become a distraction. This sets the mood going.
Starters, Drinks, Food should have been prepared in advance and be kept handy. I don’t want to get up again and again to destroy the mood. It should be kept within arms distance. I’ll be the server and my hands the one to feed her.
The talks, I will leave to chance, for them to be free flowing. We’ll sit there relaxed on bean bags, with food around in a dimly candle-lit room, with roses scattered on the floor; And let the evening unwind.

No comments: